February 12, 2022 – 9:30 AM – 2:30 PM
Los Angeles Arboretum – Ayres Hall (Map)
As a prelude to the Los Angeles Mycological Society's 37th Annual Wild Mushroom Fair, Radical Mycology author and MYCOLOGOS founder Peter McCoy is holding a special hands-on introduction to mushroom cultivation and applied mycology in Los Angeles. Come learn how to easily grow and apply fungi in and around your home with a leading expert in the field!
Topics covered include:
Tuition includes instruction, hand outs, and several mushroom grow kits made during the workshop.
- Fungal biology and ecology
- Creating grain spawn (mushroom "seed") in the kitchen
- Simple and effective mushroom growing on straw, sawdust, and coffee grounds
- Mushroom cooking
- Medicinal mushroom processing
- Mycoremediation principles