THE LOVE OF MEDICINAL MUSHROOMS:
HEALING OUR COMMUNITIES WITH MUSHROOMS, LICHENS, AND MICRO FUNGI
THIS COURSE IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN RUNNING SPRING OF 2019.
TO HEAR ABOUT PRE-REGISTRATION OPPORTUNITIES WHEN THEY ARE ANNOUNCED,
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST.
The healing gifts of mushrooms and other fungi are profound. Since the earliest civilizations, fungi have been used for to increase health throughout the world. But today a deep understanding of medicinal fungi is difficult to access. Even in modern schools dedicated to herbalism and natural medicine, fungi are scarcely discussed – and that's if they are covered at all.
With the ability to significantly boost the immune system, mitigate chronic diseases, and even promote nervous system regeneration, we at MYCOLOGOS believe that fully understanding the potent healing gifts offered by fungi should be accessible for all.
Through this extensive course (the only one of its kind in the world), you will become an ambassador for these powerful healers of the natural world. You will gain an exhaustive understanding of this largely overlooked area of natural healing and gain life changing skills for boosting your health and the health of those you love and work with.
— TOPICS COVERED —
- Fungi in traditional healing systems around the world
- 60+ profiles of medicinal mushroom and other fungi
- Medicinal lichen identification and processing
- Medicinal micro fungi (molds and yeasts)
- Medicinal fungi in plants (endophytic fungi)
- Advanced extraction and processing methods (including fungal hydrosols, spagyrics, essences, and more)
- Formulating with medicinal plants and fungi
- Medicinal fungi in art and myth
- Rewilding with fungi as medicine
This course is ideal for anyone wishing to go deep in their practice with medicinal fungi – to provide rare knowledge for their family and community and to explore the gifts these potent fungi offer.
This course is also an ideal complement for anyone interested in studies in advanced herbalism, natural products chemistry, pharmacology, anthropology, mythology, and general mycological studies.
— THIS COURSE INCLUDES —
- 1-year of streaming access to 10 hours of video coursework (including a blend of blackboard work, explanatory animations and images, technique demonstrations, and videos in the field)
- Lifetime access to this class' section of the MYCOLOGOS® discussion forum
- Downloadable PDFs of course notes
- Project instructions and materials lists
- Certificate of Completion (upon completing course requirements and final exam)
— ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR —Peter McCoy is the founder of MYCOLOGOS® and the author of Radical Mycology: A Treatise on Seeing & Working With Fungi, one of the most comprehensive books on accessible mycology written to date. For the last 10 years, Peter's unique approach to working with fungi has brought him to present to tens of thousands of people around the world. An internationally-celebrated and dedicated teacher, Peter's instruction model works to engage all modes of learning by offering a blend of visual presentations, live demonstrations, and hands-on practice sessions. For more information, see Peter's full bio here.
— SUGGESTED COMPLEMENTARY COURSES —
- EVERYTHING’S CONNECTED: FUNGAL ECOLOGY FROM THE SOIL TO THE SKY
- MUSHROOM IDENTIFICATION: BASICS AND BEYOND
- INDOOR MUSHROOM CULTIVATION: SPORE PRINTS TO FRUITING BODIES
- MYCOLOGY OF PLACE: EMBODYING FUNGI IN OUR LIVES, LANDS, AND RELATIONS