TO HEAR ABOUT PRE-REGISTRATION OPPORTUNITIES WHEN THEY ARE ANNOUNCED,
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST.
Mycoremediation researchers have continuously proven that fungi offer a variety of unique means for treating polluted soil and water systems. Over the last three decades, this relatively inexpensive practice has offered powerful means for individuals, communities, and whole countries to mitigate much of the environmental impact of the last two centuries. Mycoremediation is perhaps one of the most important applications of fungal cultivation. And yet, there is almost nowhere to study this science in depth.
In this course, you will learn how to actively engage in the field of mycoremediation and become an active contributor to its expansion.
— TOPICS COVERED —
- The history, current state, and limits of industrial and bio/mycoremediation
- Mycoremediation chemistry
- Soil science
- Advanced experimental design
- Whole systems and broadscale mycoremediation design
- Advanced soil and water testing strategies
- HazMat in mycoremediation
- Advanced fungal cultivation strategies
- Building soil fertility with endomycorrhziae and arbuscular mycorrhizae cultivation
- Fungal exudate analysis
- Fungi in water treatment
- Working with bacteria, plants, worms, and biochar in mycoremediation
- Detoxifying and aftercare support
- Mycoremediation activism
This course is ideal for researchers and (citizen) scientists seeking to apply the most effective mycoremediation strategies in any environment.
This course is an ideal complement for studies in soil science, bioremediation, permaculture, regenerative agriculture, ecology, water treatment, reforestation, and habitat rehabilitation.
— THIS COURSE INCLUDES —
- 1-year of streaming access to 10 hours of UHD video coursework (including a blend of blackboard work, explanatory animations and images, technique demonstrations, and videos in the field)
- Lifetime access to this class' section of the MYCOLOGOS® discussion forum
- Downloadable PDFs of course notes
- Project instructions and materials lists
- Certificate of completion (upon completing course requirements and final exam)
— ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR —Peter McCoy is the founder of MYCOLOGOS® and the author of Radical Mycology: A Treatise on Seeing & Working With Fungi, one of the most comprehensive books on accessible mycology written to date. For the last 10 years, Peter's unique approach to working with fungi has brought him to present to tens of thousands of people around the world. An internationally-celebrated and dedicated teacher, Peter's instruction model works to engage all modes of learning by offering a blend of visual presentations, live demonstrations, and hands-on practice sessions. For more information, see Peter's full bio here.
— SUGGESTED COMPLEMENTARY COURSES —
- EVERYTHING’S CONNECTED: FUNGAL ECOLOGY FROM THE SOIL TO THE SKY
- GROWING MUSHROOMS FOR THE FIRST TIME
- MUSHROOM IDENTIFICATION: BASICS AND BEYOND
- NATURAL MUSHROOM FARMING: GROWING FUNGI OUTDOORS AND OFF-GRID