HISTORY, IDENTIFICATION, AND PROCESSING
THIS COURSE IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN RUNNING SPRING OF 2019.
TO HEAR ABOUT PRE-REGISTRATION OPPORTUNITIES WHEN THEY ARE ANNOUNCED,
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST.
Medicinal fungi have been an integral part of the human story since the earliest records of civilization. Around the world, mushrooms have been used as tonics, smudges, immune supporters, and purifiers of hearts and minds. Today, extensive peer-reviewed research has validated what traditional healers have known for millennia: fungi offer some of nature’s most powerful and transformative medicines.
In this course, you will learn the core essentials of working with medicinal fungi – from their identification to some of the best ways to process them.
— TOPICS COVERED —
- The history of medicinal mushrooms
- Mushroom medicine chemistry and pharmacology
- Identifying medicinal mushrooms
- Extensive profiles of over two dozen medicinal mushrooms
- Making high potency mushroom extracts
This course is ideal for anyone wishing to readily bring the healing benefits of medicinal fungi into their lives and communities. It is an ideal complement for anyone interested in studies in herbalism, natural products chemistry, holistic wellness, pharmacology, anthropology, and general mycological studies.
— THIS COURSE INCLUDES —
- 1-year of streaming access to 10 hours of video coursework (including a blend of blackboard work, explanatory animations and images, technique demonstrations, and videos in the field)
- Lifetime access to this class' section of the MYCOLOGOS® discussion forum
- Downloadable PDFs of course notes
- Project instructions and materials lists
- Certificate of Completion (upon completing course requirements and final exam)