GROWING MUSHROOMS FOR THE FIRST TIME
THIS COURSE IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN RUNNING SPRING OF 2019.
TO HEAR ABOUT PRE-REGISTRATION OPPORTUNITIES WHEN THEY ARE ANNOUNCED,
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST.
Mushroom growing is an ancient art dating back nearly 2,000 years. Though techniques have evolved over time, mushrooms still grow the same way and learning to cultivate these fascinating species is easier than ever before.
At MYCOLOGOS®, we believe growing mushrooms and benefiting from all that they offer should no longer be reserved for the big time farmer. The cost and complexity of high-quality mushroom cultivation is lower than ever before, so why shouldn't mushroom growing should be as commonly enjoyed as vegetable gardening? Many mushroom growing techniques have become nearly fool proof, requiring only a minimum of time and investment to master.
In this course, you will learn several of these simple, yet highly productive and cornerstone techniques for growing mushrooms with any budget, on nearly anything, and nearly anywhere.
— TOPICS COVERED —
- Fungal biology and ecology
- The history of cultivation
- The health benefits of gourmet and medicinal mushrooms
- Growing Oyster mushrooms on coffee and straw
- Inoculating logs with Shiitake, Oyster, Lion's Mane, and Turkey Tail mushrooms
- Installing a mushroom patch in the garden
- Liquid culture-based strategies
- Personal-scale fruiting environment design
— THIS COURSE INCLUDES —
- 1-year of streaming access to 10 hours of video coursework (including a blend of blackboard work, explanatory animations and images, technique demonstrations, and videos in the field)
- Lifetime access to this class' section of the MYCOLOGOS® discussion forum
- Downloadable PDFs of course notes
- Project instructions and materials lists
- Certificate of Completion (upon completing course requirements and final exam)