About MYCOLOGOS Certification

Most of our online courses and in-person courses offer a Certificate of Completion (CC). Requirements for obtaining a CC vary by course, and may include any combination of the following:

  • Reading assignments
  • Research and interview assignments
  • Reflection and creative assignments
  • Travel assignments
  • Exams and quizzes
  • Applied demonstration of comprehension
  • Community engagement via organizing public events or activities
  • Constructing simple or complicated tools
  • Activities in outdoor settings
  • Designing systems, tools, or processes for achieving simple or complicated tasks related to course content
  • Acquiring books or other educational materials

Submission of Student Portfolio

Deadlines and means for submitting these requirements vary by course and will be detailed in a given course's syllabus. Items for online courses will be submitted through the MYCOLOGOS Community forum (launching July 1) by following instructions provided during the course.

Review Process

Upon completion and submission of a given course's certification requirements, MYCOLOGOS staff members will review your portfolio and may reply with requests for additional information or materials. A full review of the submitted materials will thereafter be completed as soon as possible.

If submitted materials are found to not fulfill the course's requirements for completion, you will be notified of the issues to address and further instructions for obtaining your CC.

Certificate Use

If submitted materials are deemed to achieve the stated requirements, the student will receive a Certificate of Completion from MYCOLOGOS recognizing their work and comprehension of the course material. This Certificate will acknowledge the student’s competency and, where appropriate, advanced training in the specialty fields we cover.

Our Certificates are not Bachelor's or Master's degrees in mycology, but stand on their own as a testament of meeting these high standards, which we are happy to communicate to your employers or university admissions office.


 Updated 6/20/19